Turkish coffee has a story that defies years and is one of the few things that are known in the world, which is unique to the Turks. With its unique taste and smell, Turkish coffee ads taste to the friendships and conversations. With the shape off the coffee grounds on the bottom of the cup, it shows the dreams of Turkish people who are famous for their hospitality. To tell the importance of Turkish coffee in Turkey, there is a saying known by everyone in Turkey; ” A cup of coffee commits one to forty years of friendship.”
Symbol of Entertaining the Guest; Turkish coffee
The coffee, which was previously loved because of keeping people sober and helping them to lose sleep, gradually became a symbol of respect for serving guests. In order to work in the famous palace kitchen of the Ottoman Empire, even a new official called “coffeemaker” was added to the palace staff. In fact, it is among the rumors that this officer is chosen among the people who know how to keep secrets and who have great importance.
In Turkish traditions, those who want to marry first ask for permission from the father of the bride to marry his daughter. During the ceremony of asking permission, the bride candidate is expected to cook Turkish coffee for the guests. The taste of coffee is one of the details in Turkish traditions that show whether the bride is diligent.
The fact that coffee holds such an important place in Turkish culture is undoubtedly linked to the conversations made with coffee. By one of the coffee makers of Tahmis Street, here are the known mistakes about Turkish coffee, how to keep the coffee fresh and how to cook a good coffee:
· The coffee pot where the coffee is cooked is the most important. The coffee pot should be chosen for the number of coffee drinkers.
· Adding two teaspoons of fresh coffee per person is the most effective measure.
· If sugar is to be added, it should be made with grounded sugar, not sugar cubes.
· The temperature of the coffee should be on low heat when cooking.
· If you are mixing the coffee with teaspoon, it is recommended to mix during cooking while keeping the spoon on its side. Because if the spoon is kept upright, the coffee will be frothy and the side it will be creamy. The creamy coffee is more beautiful than frothy one.
· It is necessary to drink the water served with the coffee before drinking the coffee. Thus, the taste of coffee is better achieved.
· To preserve freshness, coffee should be consumed in a sealed and odorless glass jar, stored on the lower shelf of the refrigerator.